Our Fraser Valley West Branch (BC04), founded in 1978 with 17 members, is one of 15 branches of the not-for-profit National Association of Federal Retirees (NAFR, formerly FSNA), representing members in British Columbia and the Yukon.
Canada-wide, NAFR represents over 187,000 members through 83 Branches coast to coast.
Our Branch Membership comprises Federal Civil Service retirees and associates from the RCMP, Public Service, Canada Post, Armed Forces, and the Judiciary.
In BC & Yukon, members are served in 3 Regions: West BC & Yukon (our Region), BC Central Island (Vancouver Island), and Eastern BC. At this time, each Region contains 5 Branches.
With over 2,200 Members, Fraser Valley West Branch spans the geographic area, mostly south of the Fraser River, from 120th Street (Surrey) in the west, to 276th Street (Aldergrove) in the east, to 124th Avenue (Maple Ridge) in the north, and 0 Avenue (South Surrey, White Rock) in the South. About 85 % of our members reside in Surrey, North Delta, Langley, and White Rock. Our geographic centre is Cloverdale, Surrey.
Through the tireless efforts of many volunteers, we take pride in bringing our retirees together, especially at our cheerful annual BBQ/GM and at our warm Christmas GM. We also welcome all Members to join us informally at our monthly Meet & Chat gatherings. Through our volunteers, we endeavour to provide a better understanding of all matters relating to Pensions, Health Benefits and Advocacy. A wide range of Speaker presentations on current retiree topics is always under consideration. Branch Newsletters are issued quarterly.
An overview of our BC Branches can be found on the National Association site at www.federalretirees.ca
Our Goals are to:
- Communicate with our Branch members on matters relating to Pensions & Benefits through formal and informal meetings, newsletters and e-mails, as well as a vast compendium of reference materials on our local, regional and national websites;
- Inform and Assist federal pensioners with regard to their pensioner benefits.
- Assist members and their families who experience the loss of a loved one, providing supportive information, including information on survivor benefits;
- Recruit new members into our NAFR;
- Support advocacy, pertaining to retirees’ issues.
- Advocate measures beneficial to retirees and potential retirees.
Our Mission is to protect and enhance the pension, health and dental insurance benefits of federal retirees; to:
- Advocate measures beneficial to retirees and potential retirees of the Public Civil Service, Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP and other Federal Agencies or bodies deemed included by the National Board of Directors of our NAFR;
- Oppose measures detrimental to retirees and potential retirees;
- Cooperate with other organizations in furtherance of our mutual objectives.
Please note. The information provided by NAFR Fraser Valley West Branch is for general information only. All information is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied regarding accuracy, adequacy, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on this Site.