NAFR Header FV


NAFR members and federal retirees receive a number of benefits in addition to their pension.  Members requiring information as to how to access these benefits or who have run into problems may contact the Branch Health Benefits Officer, currently Thelma Graham at 604-309-2538 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In the case of the death of the pensioner or survivor, the Health Benefits Officer may provide guidance as needed to ensure all the appropriate contacts are made.

More information on Benefits and Links to the programs is available at

Federal Benefits plus BC Health Contact Information

Use these numbers to obtain the necessary forms and advice when you require a change in your status, or to follow-up on a claim.   See the 'Links' page of this website to access many of these programs on the Web.

Pension offices: Contact the pension office to apply for, cancel, or change deductions for Health and Dental Benefits.

            Pension Office (regular public servants):  1-800-561-7930

             Canadian Forces Pensioners:  1-800-267-6542

             RCMP Pensioners:  1-800-661-7595

             Public Service Health Care Plan and Public Service Dental Plan

             Contact Sun Life for claims or benefits info, or to get drug card:    1-888-757-7427

             MEDOC (provides medical and travel insurance for out of province/country)

            Contact Johnson Insurance; their BC office is in Langley at: (604) 881-8820

             BC Fair Pharmacare: 

            Register at 1-800-663-7100

            (Enrollment in this program is usually required to obtain the drug card, if drug benefits are close to threshold level). 

            This income-tested benefit requires applicants to provide access to Income Tax info.

             BC Medical Services Plan:

             Office of the Seniors Advocate of BC: visit

Other programs and helpful sources of information at Federal and Provincial level

            Elections Canada:

            On the demise of a resident of BC, one should advise Elections BC of the event. Elections BC will then remove the individual from the Voters’ List and also so advise the jury selection secretariat. Thus the emotional upset involved when survivors receive election notices and jury selection invitations will be avoided. Call 1-800-661-8683

            HealthLink BC - Dial 8-1-1

            HealthLink BC is designed to provide non-emergency health information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dial 8-1-1 and a trained health service representative will answer. Your call will be transferred to a registered nurse, a pharmacist or dietitian for further information and advice. You may also access the system through an interactive website at

            BC Ombudsperson:  1-800-567-3247 or

            BC 211 Line:  Call 211 24/7 to find out where to obtain services you need.


Local programs for Fraser Valley West Branch.

             Fraser Health Authority contacts:

            General Residential Care Enquiries:  604-587-4483 ext 765763

            For care needs assessment:  Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Langley:  604-953-4965

            Residential Care pamphlet:

             Caregivers Network of Surrey/Delta:  604-686-3793

            This volunteer organization will provide support and advice when your loved one is making a transition from independent living to assisted living and/or residential/complex care.

             Seniors Centres are a valuable source of information and support many topics of interest to seniors. Here are two in our area: 

            Surrey Seniors Centre – Cloverdale:  604-598-7960 or www.surrey.cs/seniors

            Langley Seniors Resource Centre – Langley: 604-532-1320 or


For a complete list of resources, organizations, addresses, etc and related Links:  Please refer to the ‘Links’ page on this website.